Catherine is trained in Hatha yoga. She completed her 200 RYT with Barb Leese in 2012. Since completing her teacher training, she continues to expand her knowledge by attending a variety of anatomy and therapeutic focused workshops. To date she has attended yoga conference workshops led by well-respected instructors, including: Andrea Peloso, Bernie Clark, Cora Wen and Blake Martin. Catherine’s teaching style focuses on a mindful approach to each posture. In every class, she guides her students to practice with alignment according their own bodies and individual requirements. In addition to the physical requirements of yoga, she also assists students in calming the mind to facilitate access to the stillness and peace within.
Catherine currently runs classes through TQS Transformation at TQS Logistics in Oakville. Formerly, she taught weekly classes at Yoga City in Mississauga and Zenbar Healing Studio in Oakville.
Class choices include:
- Gentle Hath Flow – Postures to strengthen your back, open your shoulders and hips. The class will start with basic poses, increasing to more challenging poses based on your practice level. Modifications will be suggested to allow for all levels. The class will synchronize breath and movement. Each class will end with a five - 10 minute relaxation/meditation period. This class is created for students looking for a more gentle experience, those who are new to yoga or those who need a change of pace, yet still have the option increase the challenge and take it to the next level. Also the perfect class for students with injuries or limitations. (60 Minutes)
- Vinyasa Flow - Moving through a series of heat building postures like sun salutations and the warrior poses, while maintaining awareness and focus on the breath. This style of yoga builds heat, flexibility and strength. There is always enough time to set up proper alignment and sound structure. Postures may be held for longer periods of time, and will flow together to unite the body to the breath and mind. This class is a step up from the Gentle Flow. A moderately paced class with more emphasis on strength, this class can accommodate intermediate to advanced yogis. Modifications are given to make the practice accessible to all students, but beginners may find the pace more challenging. (60 Minutes)
- Restorative - A gentle healing form of yoga with a focus on nurturing physical poses to help heal the chronic effects of stress. Using a variety of props – including bolsters, blankets and blocks – to support the body in each pose, the body and mind are able to deeply relax. Restorative yoga is considered active relaxation as is stimulates and relaxes the body toward balance with each pose targeting specific areas of the body. All levels are welcome including students working with injury, or sensitivity. (60-90 Minutes)
- Gentle stretch/Restorative - A combination of gentle stretches to gentle open or help clear any blocks in key areas of the body – neck, shoulders, hips, etc. Then moving into the deeply restorative poses for full relaxation. This class would be created to accommodate individual or group requirements. (90 minutes)
- Single private lesson
- Semi-private – maximum 4 people
- Restorative – maximum 4 people
- Groups – Corporate, retreat, gathering of friends
Fees for Yoga
- Private or semi-private, 60-90 minute – between $60-$90
- Restorative – 60-90 minutes – between $80-$100
- Groups – 60-90 minutes – between $80-$100
My Reiki treatments with Catherine, again, are a peaceful and gentle experience. I leave rejuvenated, balanced and feeling gifted with the Reiki energy that she brings through. Catherine is a true healer.”Rhonda Christie B.A., M.E.S, B.Ed., Reiki Practitioner, Meditation Facilitator